Friday, July 31, 2009

This and That and a SALE!!!

Well, I've got a few things going on at the moment so it has all been a bit hectic! I haven't been meaning to neglect you (by not having any freebies) and I promise that I will be making up for it very shortly!

We're still ploughing away at the Battle of the Creative Teams over at DSA. There is some really tough competition there and it is also very much a popularity contest, so my lack of friends voting is not helping our situation :) This week's challenge was to make up a team formula for our layouts with items numbered from 10 to 1. You then have to use the exact quantities of everything in your formula and nothing more. Our formula is as follows:
10 - Buttons
9 - Staples
8 - Stitches
7 - Strings
6 - Photos
5 - Unique Papers
4 - Journal Strips
3 - Flowers
2 - Fonts
1 - Word Art
I've been working on my layout for many, many hours (I'm a little embarrassed to admit how long) and I am still only about half-way through it. I'm not finding the concept difficult and I know what I want to do, but I have just made it more difficult for myself than I needed to. I'll hopefully post my layout tomorrow.

Apart from that, from tomorrow (August 1st) I will be taking part in the Designer Survivor competition! So, as long as I remain "on the island", I will have plenty of freebies for you. I assume we will be making a mini kit per week plus something extra like an Alpha, word art or CU items as part of the immunity challenge, so keep an eye out for 2 freebies per week that I am in the competition. If you are also taking part in the competition, leave me a message and we can discuss an alliance :)

Last but certainly not least, is a one day sale at Digital Scrap Ink that you might be interested in...


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. BOTCT really is a popularity contest, isn't it? I have very few friends in the digiscrap world and it's a real bummer in regards to votes!
    Can't wait to see what you come up with for this week. I am really struggling with this whole 'formula' thing - I just DON'T scrap like that!!
    Can't wait to see what you come up with for Designer Survivor, too :) I love the designs you create, so it should be a great comp for you.

    ~ Becky
    http://beckyandjames.com

    ReplyDelete